is together with Plitvice lakes
the most visited tourist destination in Croatia, the old town area with the impressive city walls is on the UNESCO list for the world’s cultural heritage
Travelling by bus from Split to Dubrovnik:
The distance between Split and Dubrovnik is about 215 km following the coastal road, the alternative route (combination of highway and coastal road) is a bit longer. (See map Below
Travel time by bus:
The traveltime vary from 4 to about 6 hours depending on travel route
, the fastest buses goes via the highway. NOTE:
The bus will pass trough Bosnia & Herzegovina by Neum, so remember to bring valid passport.
Bus travel tips:
The view along the Dalmatian cost is amazing so be sure to get a seat in the right site of the bus.
As the route between Split and Dubrovnik is
quite popular during summer month it is advisable to buy your ticket several hours or even a day before the departure.
Unfortunately we didn't find any bus route matching your criteria
Unfortunately, we didn’t find any bus route matching your criteria.
Please click here to remove the filters and see all the results
Map travel route Split (HR) to Dubrovnik (HR)
This information is supplied without liability
Other means of Transportation:
- By Car: travelling by car between Dubrovnik and Split, takes from 3 to 5 hours (in summer even longer), again here the route via the Motorway is the fasted. Depending on time of year, it might be economical feasible to rent a car, especially if you are 3 people or more travelling. You can find car rentals offers from Split and Split airport here:
- Tranfer, if you don't want to hassel with the driving you selves, or if you are a large group (up to 45 people) one other option is to pre-booked transfer, you can see price for a transfer from Split to Dubrovnik here If you are travelling directly from the airport in Split and you choose to pick a transfer, you can find all the information and prices here.
- By Train: There is no train connection
- By Ferry: There is no direct ferry or catamaran connection.
- By Plane: Croatia airlines, has a few daily departures, but don’t expect to save much time compared to travelling by bus or car.
Arrival in Dubrovnik:
The bus station in Dubrovnik
is situated in the city part Gruz, which is about 2 km from the old town centre; from here there are city buses to the old town, you can see schedule of the Dubrovnik city buses here
If you have to go to Dubrovnik airport, you can find information about the airport bus here
Accommodation by in Dubrovnik:
If you should arrive late in Dubrovnik with no pre-booked hotel or hostel, you might not want to spend tons of time searching for accommodation, so here we have listed the hostels
situated closest to the bus station: